17 Jan 2019
To apply for a vacancy, please email your CV through to Mark Jaenicke stating which position you are interested in.
Officer Trainee Assistant
Status: Full Time
Chiltern Maritime, part of The Viking Maritime Group, is one of the leading UK Government Accredited Officer Trainee (Cadet) providers in the UK, offering an unrivalled level of service and support to ship operators.
Chiltern Maritime is looking for an Officer Trainee Assistant to join their busy office in Bursledon, near Southampton. Candidates should be keen to learn and having had some previous experience of working within a customer facing and/or administration environment would be beneficial but not essential.
Day to day jobs include:
- Verifying certification
- Database input
- Liaising with training establishments
- Assist in preparing travel documents/visa letters for those participating on training courses
- Assist in providing joining instructions
- Assist in tracking certification and providing reports
- General administration with candidates, crew and client
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and able to communicate effectively with other colleagues and clients in a professional manner. The applicant must be computer literate, able to deal with day to day emails and receive & make phone calls. They will be trained accordingly to their job role area which will develop new skills as well as perfecting their existing ones.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident individual to work in our global headquarters based in Dover, Kent. The successful applicant will be proficient in Excel including knowledge of formulas and be confident with numbers along with outstanding attention to detail.
Status: Full Time
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Data entry of invoices, receipts, remittances etc.
- Dealing with multi-currency transactions
- Liasing with suppliers and customers
- Sending out invoices, chasing customer payments and reconciliations
- Keeping customer's billing up to date
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
- Arranging payments to suppliers
- Organising and keeping records up to date
In addition to the above, you will also be expected to assist with general office administration duties, particularly when colleagues are on annual leave.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have excellent IT and Communication Skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, including basic knowledge of formulae
- Confident with numbers
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- 12 months working within an office environment
- Experience with Xero accounting software