20 Feb 2018
As part of the National Careers Week (5th - 10th March), the Merchant Navy Training Board wants to help promote and raise awareness of the shipping industry and maritime careers to younger people and job seekers - so they are holding 'Tidal Tuesday'
Tidal Tuesday (6th March) will be dedicated to informing schools, colleges and youth groups across the UK of opportunities at sea available to young people and the lifelong prospects offered by the maritime industry.
Here are 5 easy ways to take part:
- Will one of your vessels be in port on Tidal Tuesday? Why not organise a guided tour for a local school or youth group?
- Alternatively, why not organise a tour of your office. Show off the systems, machinery and personnel that are used to keep passengers, crew and cargo safely afloat.
- Tidal Tuesday is part of National Careers Week, during which many jobs and careers fairs will be held around the country. Could your organisation host a stall at one of these events?
- Perhaps you have been to sea or have stories to tell that can bring to life what a colourful, exciting and fulfilling industry we work in. You could offer to give a talk at a local school or youth club.
- If you can't do any of the above, you can still contribute to Tidal Tuesday by posting about it on social media using the hashtag #tidaltuesday and by sharing Careers at Sea content.