You must be logged inLogin / Register
In order to apply you need to register, this helps us stay in touch with you as we process your application. Click the button on the right to login if you already have an account, or register with us for free if you don't.
Viking is the leading crew management specialists in yacht, cruise and shore-based roles. Speak to our team about our current technical, shoreside vacancies.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Instructor to join a Maritime Training Centre located in the Netherlands.
As an Electrical Instructor, you will instruct and teach ship-board personnel, as well as involved in developing best practices that can be used on board the ships. An important element of the role will also be to visit our cruise ships from time-to-time, thereby ensuring that the teachings from the classroom and simulators are actually implemented on board.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Electrical Instructor, you are an integral part of the team, being a role model for the Electrical / Technical Staff. Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering training to ship-board technical staff
- Developing courses/new procedures to be implemented on board ships
- Keeping up to date with current practices and technology
- Regular ship visits to maintain/update practices on-board
- Typically be or have been in the role of Chief Electrician/Superintendent, Senior ETO or a Subject Matter Experts (SME) Management level certificate of competency
- Cruise Ship experience is preferred
- Experience in teaching/instructing would be an asset
- Works well in a team
This position offers a competitive salary & benefits.
If you feel you are suitable for this exciting new role, please apply today!