Careers at Viking
The Viking Maritime Group is continuously seeking enthusiastic and professional individuals to join the ever expanding team, in our Dover, Southampton, Fort Lauderdale and Auckland offices.
To apply for a vacancy, please email your CV through to Mark Jaenicke stating which position you are interested in.
Recieptionist & Placement Assistant
Location: Fort Lauderdale, US
Status: Full Time
Viking Crew (Viking Recruitment Ltd) is the leading Cruise, Commercial and Superyacht maritime crew services provider, and our aim is to keep the at-sea operations moving through Crew Placement, Crew Management and Crew Deployment.
A British company with a global reach, for over 30 years Viking has long been a pioneer in the maritime industry. With offices in Dover, Southampton, Auckland and Fort Lauderdale.
We have an exciting opening for a Receptionist & Placement Assistant to join our global team, working in our Fort Lauderdale office. This role will be split between reception duties and working as part of the team responsible for the sourcing, selection and interviewing of crew for onboard positions with our prestigious clients.
Previous experience within the yacht or cruise hospitality industry or from a recruitment/HR background is desired. Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the knowledge of working with Microsoft Office. Candidates should be well versed in working in a busy dynamic office and be able to work on their own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
This role is full time, working Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00 pm working based at the Viking Crew Office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Salary is depending on experience and includes commission.
Applicants must be a US Citizen or Greencard Holder.
Marine Placement Assistant
Status: Full time
Viking Crew based in Dover, is the leading Cruise Ship and Superyacht Crew Management specialists primarily offering career opportunities globally for Officers & Crew of all positions.
We have an opening for a Marine Placement Assistant
to join our team, working within the busy recruitment department. Main duties include:
- Administration responsibilities
- Sight all application forms
- Process application forms, including emails
- Maintain applicant tracking computer records and in-house online candidate database.
- Administer all candidates/applicants records and ensure all information is current
- Contact applicants and employers and keep both informed regularly
- Establish good relations with Client and applicants, acting with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Ensure applicants are aware of any potential health risks through the checking of ISM and safety standards on board vessels
- Reference check candidates if necessary and required by the clients.
- Matching clients needs with high calibre candidates.
- Matching candidates needs with the right position.
- Prepare and attend interviews on behalf of client
- Ensure applicants are aware of all Clients unique requirements and the culture of the Clients company
- Promote the interest of both the Client’s organisation and our own
- Maintain good communications with all individuals here, at all times, to keep continuity within organisation
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and discretion at all times
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the person’s level in the organisation
Experience within an office environment is desired. Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills are required, which should include use of Microsoft Office.
This role is Full Time, working Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm based at Viking’s Head Office based in Whitfield, Dover.