Careers at Viking
Viking Recruitment Limited is continuously seeking enthusiastic and professional individuals to join the ever expanding team, in our Dover, Southampton and Auckland offices.
To apply for a vacancy, please email your CV through to Mark Jaenicke stating which position you are interested in.
Crew & Operations Assistant
Status: Full time
Viking Recruitment is looking for a Crew and Operations Assistant to join their busy office in Whitfield, Dover. Previous knowledge of crewing within the maritime industry is not essential, but candidates should be keen to learn, having had some previous experience of working within a customer facing and/or administration environment.
Day to day jobs include:
- Verifying certification
- Database input
- Liaising with training establishments
- Assist in preparing travel documents/visa letters for those participating on training courses
- Assist in providing joining instructions / pre-course material to course participants
- Assist in tracking certification and providing reports
- General administration with candidates, crew and clients
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and able to communicate effectively with other colleagues and clients in a professional manner. The applicant must be computer literate, able to deal with day to day emails and receive & make phones calls. They will be trained accordingly to their job role area which will develop new skills as well as perfecting their existing ones.
Marine Administration Apprentice
Status: Full time
Type: 12 month contract
During the apprenticeship the apprentice will give valuable knowledge and experience of office administration, as well as gaining an understanding of recruitment and crew operations within the cruise and super yacht sectors of the marine industry.
Main Duties and administration responsibilities within the Recruitment and Operations Department:
- Site applications
- Process applications, including emails
- Maintain applicant tracking computer records and in-house online candidate database including use of jobs boards and social media
- Administer all candidates/applicants records and ensure all information is current.
- Administer all Seafarers records & ensures that they are all in compliance with ISO 9001, STCW, ISM, MLC & current legislation.
- Contact with Seafarers, clients, suppliers, members of the public and other organisations
- Establish good relations with Client and applicants, acting with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Reference check candidates if necessary and required by the clients.
- Prepare and attend interviews on behalf of client
- Maintaining and checking personal files, including verification of required certification
- Ensure applicants are aware of all Clients unique requirements and the culture of the Clients company
- Promote the interest of both the Client’s organisation and our own
- Maintain good communications with all individuals here, at all times, to keep continuity within organisation
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and discretion at all times
- General administration.
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the person’s level in the organisation
- Knowledge of Social Media is essential
- Answering the telephone is part of this role
Status: Full time
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident individual to work in our global headquarters based in Dover, Kent. The successful applicant must have or is actively working towards AAT Level 2 or higher and we would like the individual to start as soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Data entry of invoices, receipts, remittances etc.
- Liaising with suppliers and customers
- Sending out invoices, chasing customer payments and reconciliations
- Keeping customer’s billing up to date
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
- Arranging payments to suppliers
- Organising and keeping records up to date
In addition to the above, you will also be expected to assist with general office administration duties, particularly when colleagues are on annual leave.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have or actively working towards AAT Level 2 or higher
- Must have excellent IT and Communication Skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, including basic knowledge of formulae
- 12 months working within an office environment
- Experience with Xero accounting software